Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

If England Had Top-Level Area of Origin Teams for one month

National Flag:
FinlandFinland

If England Had Top-Level Area of Origin Teams for one month

Postby rugby ideas » Sat, 01 Jun 2019, 21:23

I do like the idea of having proper top-level home region/authority area teams (meaning each metropolitan district gets its own team of people who grew up in the area or who slept more nights in this one area than in any other, no shopping trolleys! by shopping trolleys I mean chelsea fc and all clubs who import their talent) - I wonder what would happen if all of England's 150 boroughs, shires, metropolitan districts, and unitary local authority areas had their own teams (or just the 30 - 50 areas where rugby league is played)? and what format of opponent allocation systems might work best, and what predictions would you make if money, injuries, access to the best players and stadiums and suspending all other fixtures for a month were no issue? Would we get the same top teams every year? Should we separate into tiers of x teams to have better matched opponents?.... Let me know your thoughts, guys & girls

Remember, this would be a little like national teams, but for local authority areas like Hull, Salford, Warrington, Trafford, Calderdale, Wigan, ERoY, NY, Lancs, Wakefield (including Castleford), Kirklees, Cheshire East, Leeds, Bradford, Halton (including Widnes), Liverpool, York, Rotherham, London boroughs, and Sheffield all competing for the top spots - I think it would be marvelous and would make some very good viewing, especially if/when the tiers are well arranged, and if the nr of teams in each tier changed such as Yr1, 3 & 5 = 12 teams in the top flight, 10 in the second and 10 in the third; all others in the 4th Yr2, yr4, yr6; 8 teams in the top flight, 10 in the second, 10 in the third and 8 in the 4th

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: If England Had Top-Level Area of Origin Teams for one mo

Postby Tobar » Sun, 02 Jun 2019, 14:50

Why did you create a new topic? Just reply to the other thread.

Return to Rugby Forum